Day 67 - 27 Aug - Lake Ainslie

Day 67 - 27 Aug - Lake Ainslie - 167kms

   Wet day today! It rained until noon! I didn't think it would rain so I didn't have my heavy rain jacket with me! It's a good thing it wasn't cold.
   We are starting to see more hills. The Cabot Trail begins tomorrow but today's ride was challenging. It took me most of the day to get to camp. The headwind was not helpful!



   At kilometre 101 we crossed the Canso Causeway into Cape Breton. The sun was out and my clothes were dry but, my shoes were still soggy! I hate putting on wet shoes!


   We're starting to see signs for the ferry to Newfoundland! We'll be there soon!


   Tonight the campers at MacKinnon's Campground put on a potluck dinner for us! Apparently, they do this every year. It was so wonderful! The food and the socializing were fantastic! They are very welcoming people. We introduced ourselves and talked about why we were on this tour. It was a good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 29 - 20 July - Caliper Lake