Day 42 - 2 Aug - Sheguindah

Day 42 - 2 Aug - Sheguindah - 130kms

   Nothing like a thunderstorm at 5AM to start your day! I didn't want to put away a wet tent so I jumped up and started to put my tent away. It started raining about 15 minutes later! 
   As if that was not enough, the mosquitoes nearly drove us crazy!  I decided to eat my breakfast in the bathroom.  At least I could eat in peace. I LOVE this camping thing!
   We waited but the rain didn't let up so, we decided to go. At least it was getting lighter. The first 20k was scary. The shoulders were narrow and you couldn't see for the spray from the trucks. I made sure I stayed off the white line because they're slippery.
   It rained off and on all day. I kept my rain gear on the whole time.
   We took the Lee Valley Road for 20k which took us off highway 17. It was a relief to be off  the busy road. 
   At kilometre 116, we got to the bridge to Manitoulin Island. Every hour, at 15minutes past, it swings to allow boat traffic to go through. That stopped us for twenty minutes!
   I get to check off a bucket list item tomorrow. We get to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry tomorrow to Tobermory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound