Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound

Day 44 - 4 Aug - Owen Sound - 133kms

  We seem to have lots of rain these days. The forecast called for some scary weather! It had us spooked.  We had thunderstorms overnight but nothing at 5am when we got up. I started out at 6am to get some kilometres in before it rained. I got 20k before it came down in sheets! It's a good thing we turned off highway 6 to a quieter road. The headwind didn't help either.
   The storm didn't last long and we had overcast skies for most of the day.
   We stopped in Wiarton to see Willie! Another of my bucket list item checked off. I've been wanting to see him for years! He seems pretty comfy in his little house. He has his own park and statue, and everything! I bet the park is hopping every February!


   It's Dougie Day tomorrow! He's coming up to visit with me. There will be more people visiting on our rest day Aug 6th! It will be so good to see everyone!

Comments

  1. Welcome to Southern Ontario. I'll be seeing you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see you. Thanks for coming up!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see you tomorrow....... and honour your accomplishment of being 60% across Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it is 60% finished! Thanks for coming to visit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's