Day 41 - 1 Aug - Spragge

Day 41 - 1 Aug - Spragge - 173kms

    Yeah! This was the last ride over 70kms! It was hot and very hilly! There was one hill that was a 13% grade! The first part was on Route 638. It was a great country road to ride on but the rolling hills were relentless! I was happy to get back on highway 17.  
   The route was fairly simple but long. It took me nine hours to finish it.
    I did see a fox, a blue heron, and a snapping turtle, and an interesting old bridge.




   In Echo Bay I stopped at the big loonie! Robert Carmichael, a resident there, designed the loonie in 1987. It not the big nickel in Sudbury but, it'll have to do!



   I also found signs for the waterfront trail, I had no idea it came up this far.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound