Day 45 - 5 Aug - Tottenham

Day 45 - 5 Aug - Tottenham - 157kms

   The weather had not been on our side today!  We scrambled to pack our gear and get it into the truck before it got completely wet.  A miserable start to the day! The rain was steady and it developed into heavy winds and thunderstorms.  I found it unsafe to be on the roads. I rode 40kms before I called Doug to ask him to change his plan of driving the route backwards to find me to driving directly to me. He was driving up to spend tomorrow's rest day with me.
   When we finally met on the highway, I was very happy to see him, be in the truck and on our way to the B and B we booked.
   I hope we don't have any other days like that!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound