Day 49 - 9 Aug - Ivy Lea

Day 49 - 9 Aug - Ivy Lea - 161kms

   A perfect day for riding today! It was very enjoyable riding weather.
   There were a few steep climbs at the beginning but the new bike made them easier to climb.
    We had another short ferry ride today! It went from Glenora to Adolphustown. That's ferry number two. We have the big ferry ride to Newfoundland coming up!






   Our route today took us through Kingston and past the base I was posted to back in 1975, CFB Kingston. It was good to see that it's still an active base. I stopped for a few minutes to take a few pictures and to remenisck about my time there.



   Our camp was the Thousand Islands KOA. I was curious about a KOA campsite. It was fantastic! Everything was modern, clean, and organized! Such a relief to be close to the washroom when you get up twice a night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound