Day 46 - 6 Aug - Tottenham - Rest Day

Day 46 - 6 Aug - Tottenham - Rest Day

   We had great weather today for our rest day! There was no rain in sight. I was busy though.I had to do my laundry, get all things I needed from the grocery store, and get back to the camp to set up for the picnic Doug  planned. He brought some salads and stuff for sandwiches.  Janice, brought a lovely green salad and Val and Krista brought desserts. Yum! It was so great to see everyone and visit for awhile!
   The best part of the rest day was the arrival of my new and approved Devinci!  The folks from Outspokin tuned it up and added new tires, brakes, etc. Now I have a faster bike! We took the pedals , the seat, and the Cat Eye off the Brodie and put them on the Devinci. I asked some of the other cyclists to help me with the seat. The fit is so important. 
   Now I hope I've made the correct decision!  Once Doug goes home there's no getting the Brodie back! The Brodie made it more than half of the way, through mountains and prairies but, I was always the last person to arrive at camp and most of the time I was alone on the road. That is not the way I wanted to ride the tour.
   Doug and I spent another night at the B and B. It was so nice not to sleep in the tent! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound