Day 51 - 11 Aug - Ottawa - Rest Day

Day 51 - 11 Aug - Ottawa - Rest Day

   Fun and busy rest day in Ottawa! The dorm room at Carleton University was great! No tent for me!
We went to the cafeteria for breakfast via the tunnels which connects the buildings. All the walls are covered with murals! Very cool!



   After I finished my laundry, I zipped over to the Cyclery bike shop to get the new cassette and chain put on my bike. I think we overwhelmed them. Four others from our group showed up at opening time for repairs!


   I left the bike and headed downtown. Since I've familiar with the sights, I was making sure everyone saw what they wanted to see. Canada 150 signs and photo stations were everywhere! It must have been crazy here July 1st!




   We watched the changing of the guard at the War Memorial, got a Dunn's smoked meat sandwich for lunch, then walked around the Byward market.



   I snapped a picture of NDHQ where I worked when I was in the army. So many memories...
   All in all, a good day. It's off to Hudson, Quebec tomorrow! Another province to conquer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound