Day 38 - 29 July - Pancake Bay

Day 38 - 29 July - Pancake Bay - 121kms

   Another beautiful day here in Northern Ontario! Riding early in the day with the mist on the water was so lovely. Sure there was lots of hills but, that's a given now. Lake Superior Provincial Park has so many small lakes.
   I encountered a man running in front of a van with the Lion's service club logo on the back. I talked to the runner as I approached. He told me he was raising money for the Lion's club by running around Lake Superior! He's from Minnesota. I saw him about 10k from Rabbit Blanket so he's come along way!
   I've got a new respect for Terry Fox after I've encountered the Montreal River Hill at 73! It's a 3km hill straight up! Terry Fox wore a t-shirt which read, "Montreal River here I come" and "I've got you beat" on the back. 
   Pancake Bay Provincial Park campsite is right on the water. There is a sandy beach that stretches for miles. I'd like to come back one day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound