Day 34 - 25 July - Nipigon

Day 34 - 25 July - Nipigon -107kms

   It was a vey pleasent ride today. The temperature was perfect and there was no wind.
   I was on galley duty today so I couldn't spend too much time getting to camp. I need'nt have worried. We arrived with lots of time to spare. We made my favourite, burritos!
   I stopped at a lookout in Thunder Bay to take a picture of the Sleeping Giant.


It is impressive. On our way out of town, we took a picture of the signs at the Thunder Bay International Hostel. There were signs from everywhere!



   Just outside Thunder Bay is the monument for Terry Fox. This is where he stopped his journey. We were not allowed to take our bikes on highway 11/17 so I did not see it. I did take a photo of  the Terry Fox Courage Highway sign. When you see these roads and hills and you know how difficult they are on a bike you can't believe he ran them every day! Amazing!

Comments

  1. You're over halfway - well done Emily! It's off to the Netherlands for me tomorrow - I will take mental note of everything I need to tell you for your next cycling adventure....Cheers, Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe we're halfway already! Have fun on you trip!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 29 - 20 July - Caliper Lake