Day 37 - 28 July - Rabbit Blanket

Day 37 - 28 July - Rabbit Blanket - 163kms

      Trying to make friends with all the hills but, it's not working! There are too many to count! It seems like I get up and over one 6% grade and there's another one around the corner!
       Anyway, I got to see Winnie the Pooh. His birthplace is White River. There was a cute statue of him in a tree just off the highway. I got to read the history of Winnie before I moved on.


   I saw the big goose in Wawa. Wawa means wild goose in Ojibway. The had a goose there in 1960 but, it couldn't take the winters. The current goose was built in 1963 and needs to be replaced.

   The weather was perfect but the day was long. As I rounded the corner at Old Women Bay I was unprepared for how beautiful it was! I couldn't stop to take a picture because I was too tired. It was a relief to get to Rabbit Blanket Park and relax. The lake view was beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound