Day 32 - 23 July - Thunder Bay

Day 32 - 23 July - Thunder Bay - 166kms

   It rained all night! We've been lucky so far with the weather. Still, it makes me question what the attraction is with camping! I was miserable. Everything was wet, including my breakfast! I had to put on a wet coat and shoes. I've tried to keep an open mind but, the slugs all over the tent grossed me out!
   The day turned out to be beautiful but, there was another substantial headwind. It's beginning to look normal to us now! There were more hills than yesterday, if you can believe that! It was pretty hard slogging for the first 100k.
   We stopped at the Artic/Atlantic Water Shed. It's the the high point of land at 506 metres above sea level. West and North from here, water flows to the Artic Ocean. East is to the Atlantic Ocean.



   We get to stay indoors tonight at Lakehead University. Yippee! Rest day tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 29 - 20 July - Caliper Lake