Day 25 - 16 July - Portage la Praire

Day 25 - 16 July - Portage la Praire - 132kms

   The day started out beautifully but quickly went wrong! On my way to visit the hometown of author Margaret Lawerence, I got a flat tire! Luckily, I had just repaired the slow leak on the rear tire the other day and now I can change it by myself. We doubled back to the Co Op gas station to fill the tire. I have a shrader valve on the tire so I was able to fill it. I still have not replaced my small pump. I will definitely do that in Kenora!
   Because it was very early Sunday when we arrived in Neepawa, the Margaret Lawerence homestead was not open. We took a few pictures and rode on.






   Once we got 30k a south wind came out of nowhere! It dogged us for the rest of the ride! They were very strong gusts and it made it very difficult to ride. So far we haven't have much tailwind. The wind report is to first thing we check for the next day's ride.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound