Day 19 - 10 July- Craik

Day 19 - 10 July - Craik - 119km

    Super windy and hot again! It took forever to get to camp! I usually ride 20k and take a break. I managed to do that twice and then it dropped to ten, and eventually it dropped to every five K! I couldn't believe there was a huge climb at the end of the ride! Not  cool!
   The sun was so hot, I got a sunburn on my fingers! I'll have to remember to reapply sunscreen after I wash my hands!
   The campsite was on the lovely South Saskatchewan river. It is a popular swimming place.
   I didn't get much sleep last night. We had a huge thunderstorm around midnight. As if that wasn't enough, a pair of cats decided to fight in the bushes outside of our tents! Oh yes, the air in my mattress slowly leaked out so I was on the ground by morning! Not a good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound