Day 14 - 5 July - Drumheller

Day 14 - 5 July - Drumheller - 91km

   The day started out very windy! I did not want go get out of the tent! The thought of  riding in the wind and rain did not appeal to me! We had a cross wind for at least 50kms. Things settled down after that and it turned out to be a great day. I had no idea this part of Alberta was so flat! Farmland as far as the eye can see!


   Once you get to Drumheller everything is all about dinosaurs. They are everywhere! And, most business have 'Dinosaur' in its name. The terrain is so cool! It looks like the moon. These are the badlands.




   The Dinosaur Trail golf course looks like something out of the Flinstones! There are little green spaces in between all those rocky hills. The cart paths are straight up the hills!
   Rest day tomorrow! We've really earned it!

Comments

  1. Hi Emily, we are following along in the Byron Library :) Keep going, you are doing great! Sending you encouragement, and hoping the wind and rain stays at your back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! We'll be in Saskatchewan tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Hi Emily. I have now caught up with your adventures. I love the photos. They make me feel like I'm right there with you only without all the hard work. What an amazing way to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very hot and windy! I think about you guys a lot! I hope you can make it to Tottenham on August 6th

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound