Day 26 - 17 July - Beausejour

Day 26 - 17 July - Beausejour 

   This day started out a little confusing and scary. The map to Beausejour took us through Winnipeg but,   there were so many directions that an alternative route was planned. This route was shorter and straighter. Half of us were doing it and half took the original route. I was so torn between the two because I am always the last person into camp I felt that I would get lost riding the original route or I would miss a turn on the alternative route. I decided to start out and when I got to the turn into Winnipeg, I would decide which way I would go.



I happened upon two riders in our group who were taking the alternative route so I joined them. It turned out to be hot, busy, and windy! I should have stuck to the original route. I also got my third flat rear tire! The staples on the shoulders are everywhere! You can't see them to avoid them!
   I didn't get to see the Principal Meridan marker which is the original reference point for surveying the west, starting in 1871,  but I did ride on the highway.



   We did have some issues today. One of the riders fell off his bike and another rider had her bike stolen inWinnipeg! Everything worked out but, it could have been disastrous!
    I did get a package from my wonderful husband! New smaller tires! I had some help putting them on. Now I should be faster! We are riding 171kms tomorrow so I'll know soon enough!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound