Sunday April 9th -Ride to Port Stanley and back


Cold but sunny day today. Perfect for a long bike ride. As I progress in my training, I will ride longer and longer distances each week. 
This week I've decided to ride from London to Port Stanley. That's about 84km's. I hadn't ridden that route since the 80's. 



I had this picture from way back! Back in my old GM days, I was part of a group who used to ride long distances. Port Stanley was one of our favourite rides.

Me on my old Fiori road bike
It felt great to out and ride. I have run this route many, many times with my running pals. It's an awesome training run. Having bloody Ceaser's at GT's after the run is the real reason we do this! 


It was kind of weird riding and not running. I did have company. Pat joined me for about 15 kms and Doug drove to Port Stanley and rode his bike back to me. I met him at Union Hill and rode back to the beach with him. 
Just like the end of the run, my ride wasn't over until I touch the sign a the end of the beach road.

Me, Me at the beach!

 After a bacon and egg breakfast at the Breakfast Place. I rode my bike home. I think I like this destination ride thing!


Love the big yellow chair!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound