Saturday, April 22 Training ride to St. Mary's




This week's route took us 110km's. I have not ridden that distance in a very, very, long time! I was so  happy to have my friend, Liz, a seasoned cyclist, there to keep me company! When she said, "do you want to go to St. Mary's?" I said sure!
It was a great ride. The weather had been unbelievably rainy this week but today, it was perfect! Sunny and about 14 degrees. We did have a headwind going north but nothing insurmountable. We knew we'd have a tailwind on the way back.
At the corner of Prospect and Highway 7, I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of these brand new foals and there mothers! Adorable!




Highway 7 is not a road I want to ride on! I was glad we were just crossing it!



St. Mary's is the 'stone' town. I had to get a picture by the sign on the way into town.
It's such a pretty place. There are no end of interesting photo opportunities! The town is literally all made of stone. I love going there.

















We got to St.Mary's at 11:30. Of course we had to stop at the local 'Timmies' for little break and chat up the Tim's regulars. I  ate the rest of my yummy peanut butter sandwiches washed down with my 'medium decaf with a cream and a half'  before we headed for home.






Home again! 110km's in about seven hours! Not bad. Now I need to start planning for next week's 120 km ride! Thanks Liz for the ride today!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The origins of my ride in a nutshell

Day 72 - 1 Sep - St. John's

Day 44- 4 Aug - Owen Sound